Today’s post will be the scariest post from me during the spooky season. And what’s scarier than real life. Today’s topic will be a very dark subject of Japan’s darkest moment in history.
This post will talk about horrific events that happened during WWII. So read this if you can stomach it. This is your WARNING.
Today I am talking about the infamous Unit 731 known as the Epidemic Prevention and Water Purification Department. Lead by Shirō Ishii, this unit specialized in biological weapon testing. What they did was torture and killed a ton of people in a very horrible ways for research. Up to a half of a million people were killed. There were many horrible experiments they conducted. And they referred to the human subjects as “logs”. The human subjects ranged from criminals and war prisoners to infants and pregnant ladies. Here are some of the experiments they have done.
- Vivisection: were they dissected people still alive and awake and removed organs of the test subjects. They removed limbs and reattached them to different parts to see if the body will reject it.
- Biological testing: they would make affect many people with bubonic plague, anthrax, and many other different biological diseases.
- Weapon testing: they would use people as live dummies to see how different weapons affected them.
- Random things: put people in low pressure rooms and have their eyes explode out their heads. Fill their kidneys with horse urine. Put air bubbles in their veins. Burn them. Ect
- Frostbite experiments: one of the creepiest and most fucked up thing they did. They would wet their test subjects and freeze their limbs and start slamming the limbs with sticks and other things to see if the limbs were frostbitten and if they would feel it. Sometimes the limbs would shatter like ice.
I’m leaving out what they did to women because it’s way too fucked up to talk about.
The most horrific thing is that after the war, The US gave immunity to a lot of the researchers that were part of Unit 731 in exchange of all the research documents they had from the experiments. Dark and fucked shit the US did back then.
War is a scary and ugly thing and the secret things we find out later really is dark and frightening. So much is hidden from us and it’s always the most frightening things. Monsters, ghosts, aliens, curses, and demons are scary, but the scariest thing is humans.
I know that today’s post was really dark, but it’s a historical thing that happened, that a lot of people have never heard of. Next week’s post will be on the lighter side of horror. Plus on Halloween I’ll be posting a Japanese horror story that I’m writing that takes place in the 90’s Japan.
Thanks for reading and have a great day.